[News] GNU/Linux Desktop Versus... Microsoft AstroTurf

The Linux Desktop's Next Challenge: Layer 8

,----[ Quote ]
| These sorts of discussions, especially on sites like Computerworld and here
| on Linux Journal tend to bring out the same comments from the evangelists
| (using the term loosely) that now is the time to move to Linux on the desktop
| and in response you get people saying  the last time I tried to install
| Linuxâ. In both of these discussions, both points are valid and, in many
| cases, there is merit to the position.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/linux-desktops-next-challenge-layer-8

Recent:

Shameless Front Group Plans More Astroturf

,----[ Quote ]
| After its public relations firm was outed for sending fake letters opposing
| the Waxman-Markey Climate Bill to members of Congress, the American Coalition
| for Clean Coal Electricity (ACCCE) is expanding its "grassroots" outreach.
| The coal industry front group "is launching a $1 million campaign" to secure
| more concessions for coal in the Senate version of the climate change bill.
`----

http://www.prwatch.org/node/8489

Happy Birthday to Me, Tech = Change, Change is Good

,----[ Quote ]
| Using computers doesn't require any kind of special geek talents, just study
| and a mind open to letting some actual knowledge in. Anyone can learn
| anything, despite the anti-Linux FUD that insists Linux is not ready for "the
| masses" because it's not magically simple; these fictional moronic masses who
| exist only in the mind of FUDsters and astroturfers. It's a shame to waste so
| many electrons on such dumb stuff.
`----

http://linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2009-08-08-008-35-OP-CY

Related: