[News] New Fight for Unbundling of Windows in Danish Desktops

Kamp mod Microsoftskatten

http://phk.freebsd.dk/MicrosoftSkat/

Fighting against the Microsoft Tax

,----[ Quote ]
| I have paid for at least 10 Windows licenses over time, all the machines were
| purchased to run only FreeBSD.
|
| We must stop this distortion and Lenovo would not reimburse the Vista license
| for my new laptop, I have chosen to sue them.
`----

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fphk.freebsd.dk%2FMicrosoftSkat%2F&sl=da&tl=en

Recent:

OpenOffice.org in enterp[r]ise

,----[ Quote ]
| Roll out occurred almost without any problems. MSI installation is easy to
| handle. FTZ is Ãsing Citrix. Mads believe that FTZ has saved a lot of money
| by choosing OpenOffice.org rather than Microsoft Office. There is still a
| recurring problem when FTZ receive attachments from the Microsoft Office
| 2007, but in the FTZ, they have chosen a key solution, where the IT
| department takes care of conversion of documents.
`----

http://lodahl.blogspot.com/2008/06/openofficeorg-in-enterpise.html

Related:

ISO boards face OOXML deadline pressure

,----[ Quote ]
| In Denmark, a source reportedly said that Microsoft pressured him to send an
| expression of support to Dansk Standard, the Danish standards board. By
| Groklaw's translation, Version2 reported: "'If I had not sent in a positive
| comment, it would have had consequences for our relations with Microsoft', he
| says. Our source points to e.g. leads, support and seminars as areas that
| might be jeopardised if 'he did not behave'." Â Â
|
| The Danish MP reportedly wants assurance that only technical factors were
| considered by Dansk Standard and that political or economic influences were
| not brought to bear. Â
|
| Also, a member of the Danish parliament has reportedly lodged a pointed
| question with a government minister as to whether the government has had any
| contact with Dansk Standard with regard to the ISO vote on OOXML. Â
|
| In Norway, Microsoft apparently mounted an astroturfing campaign against the
| Norwegian standards body Standard Norge. Out of 59 comments received by
| Standard Norge, 37 were a Vole form letter that many of its Norwegian
| business partners didn't even bother to sign before sending them in. Â

A Virtual Open Source Center to Nordic Countries

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.swbusiness.fi/portal/news/news_from_software_business_cluster/other_news/?id=18528