[News] GNU/Linux on the Desktop Advanced by Browser Dominance

Desktop Choices: Mac, Linux, Windows, Browser -- Browser?

,----[ Quote ]
| First up is Always On PC. Sweet and secure, Always On PC presents you with a
| full Linux GNOME desktop environment with 2GB of storage via a Java-based
| Virtual Network Computing (VNC) console. It's a full-blown desktop system,
| and it's Linux. If you aren't a Linux user, you might want to pass on this
| one. However, if your heart belongs to Linux, you're set.
`----

http://www.serverwatch.com/article.php/3834541/Desktop-Choices-Mac-Linux-Windows-Browser----Browser

Podcast: Why ZDNet AU loves Linux desktops

,----[ Quote ]
| In this podcast, ZDNet.com.au staffers Renai LeMay and Chris Duckett discuss
| why they use Linux full time where they can and what they like and donât like
| about it.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=22663

Earlier:

Firefox 3 about to get a major update

,----[ Quote ]
| Starting a little later tonight, users with the latest version of Firefox 3
| will be getting an offer to update to Firefox 3.5.
`----

https://developer.mozilla.org/devnews/index.php/2009/08/13/firefox-3-about-to-get-a-major-update/

Adding a little Chromium to my browser diet

,----[ Quote ]
| I used to be something of a Web browser junkie. Over the years, I tried just
| about every new browser that came out. Up until last year, I had five or six
| browsers installed on my laptop. A bit of overkill, as I came to realize.
| While Iâve trimmed down my browser consumption, I still check out the
| occasional one that piques my interest.
`----

http://scottnesbitt.net/ubuntublog/?p=497

Opera 10.0 Beta 3