Re: [News] Another Attempt to Ban Competition & Back-up Using New Laws

> ____/ Homer on Friday 14 August 2009 23:31 : \____

>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> [...]
>> *Ten Grand?*
>
>> Just to copy a DVD?
>
>> Does anyone else see a flaw in this business plan?
>
> It might -- just might -- be handy at datacentres with remote
> physical copies and low bandwidth connections.

I could build a PC from junk parts to do that, for considerably less
than ten grand.

So where's the other Â9,900 going ... the DVD Licensing Authority?

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Seek not the favour of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest
|  and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not
|  voices, but weigh them." ~ Immanuel Kant
`----

Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) on sky, running kernel 2.6.26.8-57.fc8
 03:50:58 up 78 days,  7:49,  4 users,  load average: 0.13, 0.25, 0.34