Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 15th of August, 2009.

  • Subject: Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 15th of August, 2009.
  • From: "Homer" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 09:00:42 +0100
  • Cancel-lock: sha1:ZQNm510YXjrTM3eMq6M6+st0Jdk=
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

ngstats.pl version 1.31

Written by Roy Culley.
Contributions from Mark Kent.
Modifications by Homer, 2007 - 2009.

This report covers 844 articles received by this system to
newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy [1]
Toplist of Posters

 Pos  Poster                                          Msgs   Bytes Quoted
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     364 1189103     3%
   2. Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        52   39578    61%
   3. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                         39   43576    25%
      High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@invalid.   39  197543    15%
   5. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        35  178892    27%
   6. Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lick@REMOVETHISSPAMTRAP   34   41807    78%
   7. Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          33   20599    57%
   8. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                            31   60604    85%
   9. nessuno <nessuno7491@xxxxxxxxx>                   24   31090    38%
  10. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>         22   22559    73%
  11. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    18   10672    65%
  12. Terry Porter <linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>            15   26391    38%
      Don Zeigler <sitting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>               15    6585    63%
  14. TomB <tommy.bongaerts@xxxxxxxxx>                  11   10245    75%
  15. Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>       10    8459    84%
  16. bbgruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx>                      8    9812    44%
      Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>               8   13818    37%
  18. Ruel Smith <NoWay@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     7    4637    54%
      Nigel Feltham <nigel.feltham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>       7    7828    42%
  20. RonB <ronb02NOSPAM@xxxxxxxxx>                      6    7560    39%
      Lusotec <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx>                        6    5106    50%
  22. JeffM <jeffm_@xxxxxxxxx>                           5    6228    40%
      Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>            5    2954    50%
      Sinister Midget III <al@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           5    3415    67%
      Gunnar Gren <Gunnar.Gren@xxxxxxxxxxx>              5    3393    75%
  26. wispygalaxy <wispygalaxy@xxxxxxxxx>                4    3616    70%
      Marti van Lin <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx>                   4    6934    41%
      Jerry McBride <jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx>                4    3065    86%
      philo <philo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                      4    3407    58%
  30. AZ Nomad <aznomad.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           3    3239    79%
Toplist of Subjects

 Pos  Subject                                                Msgs   Bytes
   1. OT: Classic                                              68   99538
   2. Madness. Complete and utter madness                      38   81324
   3. Microsoft railroads little man with Office Live U-       35   47829
   4. network of thousands of malware-infected personal        22   27551
   5. Linux expertise is HOT !!!                               20   19968
   6. [News] ASUS Dabbles in Another Version of Ballnux        18   47889
   7. Microsoft: 'Linux is killing us!'                        15   16752
   8. Upgrading Linux Fedora 11 v/s upgrading to Vista7        14   26337
   9. One million files on Windows Vista...                    13   14029
  10. Deeply offensive to paytards                             12    9777
  11. [News] More Rumours About ASUS EEE Going Back to G       10   10274
  12. Time for Microsoft Windows PC's to be blocked from        9    5151
      [News] New Google 'puts Bing in shade'                    9   12294
      [News] [Rival] MoD Runs Windows, Gets Cracked             9   10014
  15. [News] Why Business with Free Software Trumps the         8   11963
      Microsoft Trial Misconduct Cost $40 Million               8    8747
  17. Microsoft Fears Linux                                     7    8801
      [News] [Rival] Microsoft and Intel in Collusion Ag        7   14718
      Tried Vista again                                         7    8414
      Linux users can watch ITV content online too ... w        7    5840
      Dell says Linux netbook returns no more than Windo        7    8253
  22. It's time to get rid of Windows                           6    5740
      [News] Pirate Party UK Formed to Reform Copyright         6    9732
      [News] Natural Born Killers Trained at... Bill Gat        6   36335
  25. Vista slowing SSD adoption?                               5    4022
      Microsoft's Bing ad video competition: And the win        5    3686
      The mercy machines, operating on microsoft windows        5    7118
      Dell: Linux returns a "non-issue"                         5    5830
      Please dont be hard on Steve Ballmer                      5   10122
      [News] [Rival] Guardian Editor on the (Likely) Imm        5    5810
Toplist of Most Replied To Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     50
   2. Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       28
   3. Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         25
   4. Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     18
   5. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                        16
   6. Terry Porter <linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           15
   7. nessuno <nessuno7491@xxxxxxxxx>                                  13
      Don Zeigler <sitting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              13
   9. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          12
      chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   12
  11. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        10
  12. TomB <tommy.bongaerts@xxxxxxxxx>                                  9
  13. Nigel Feltham <nigel.feltham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                      8
  14. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        7
  15. Lusotec <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx>                                       6
  16. bbgruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                     5
      Ruel Smith <NoWay@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                    5
      Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>                              5
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                       5
  20. Marti van Lin <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx>                                  4
      RonB <ronb02NOSPAM@xxxxxxxxx>                                     4
  22. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                                            3
  23. JeffM <jeffm_@xxxxxxxxx>                                          2
      Colin <cdd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                       2
      Goblin <bytes4free@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                2
      Geoff <name@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                      2
      jebblue <n@xxxxx>                                                 2
      philo <philo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                     2
      Gunnar Gren <Gunnar.Gren@xxxxxxxxxxx>                             2
  30. wispygalaxy <wispygalaxy@xxxxxxxxx>                               1
Toplist of 'Quality' Posters [2]

 Pos  Poster                                                        Index
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    152
   2. Nigel Feltham <nigel.feltham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     77
   3. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          76
   4. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       75
   5. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                        74
   6. nessuno <nessuno7491@xxxxxxxxx>                                  68
   7. Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>                             66
   8. RonB <ronb02NOSPAM@xxxxxxxxx>                                    65
      Terry Porter <linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           65
      Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       65
  11. bbgruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                    64
  12. Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         62
      Ruel Smith <NoWay@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                   62
      Lusotec <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx>                                      62
  15. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   60
      Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                                           60
  17. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        59
      Don Zeigler <sitting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              59
      Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     59
  20. TomB <tommy.bongaerts@xxxxxxxxx>                                 56
  21. Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                      55
Toplist of Newsreaders

 Pos  Newsreader                                                     Msgs
   1. KNode                                                           441
   2. Thunderbird                                                     133
   3. slrn                                                             98
   4. Pan                                                              45
   5. G2/1.0                                                           34
   6. tin                                                              33
   7. XPN                                                              22
   8. Forte Agent                                                      18
   9. 40tude_Dialog                                                    15
  10. Microhard Lookout                                                 7
  11. Mozilla                                                           2
  12. MicroPlanet-Gravity                                               1
      Usenet Explorer/v2.0.2 http://www.usenetexplorer.com              1
      COLA Stats Engine                                                 1
[1]: Certain off-charter, abusive, anti-Linux or pro-Microsoft
     threads will be dropped, depending on their severity, and
     hence not included in the stats, which are provided by me
     as a measure of advocacy, not as a means of spreading the
     Trolls' lies and malice even further.
[2]: The poster 'quality' stats is based on:
       a) quoting: 100 - %'age quoted
       b) cross-posting: 100 - %'age cross-posted
       c) number of direct followups posters articles get
       d) troll feeding: 100 - 2.0 * %'age troll followups
       e) 75 deducted for known trolls
       f) for the humour impaired the quotes around 'quality'
          are intended to convey they are not to be taken too
          seriously :-)

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Seek not the favour of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest
|  and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not
|  voices, but weigh them." ~ Immanuel Kant
`----

Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) on sky, running kernel 2.6.26.8-57.fc8
 09:00:26 up 78 days, 12:58,  4 users,  load average: 0.60, 0.15, 0.05