[News] SDG Systems Might be Giving up on Windows and Moving to Linux

Rugged PDA moving to Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| SDG Systems is porting Linux to a rugged handheld computer that currently
| runs Windows Mobile.
`----

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/SDG-Systems-and-Bluebird-Soft-BIP6000/?kc=rss

Convertible netbook has high-res screen

,----[ Quote ]
| Gigabyte says the T1028 runs Linux, in addition to Windows XP Home, but adds
| that customers may need to "download Linux drivers from chipset vendors'
| websites or third party websites."
`----

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Gigabyte-T1028XG/?kc=rss

Windows is passe in devices.

Very recent:

Did Microsoft Just Throw WinMo Under A Bus?

,----[ Quote ]
| If you're itching to buy that hot new WinMo smartphone, go for it. Just don't
| act surprised when the next version of Windows Mobile turns out to be the
| last.
`----

http://www.bmighty.com/blog/main/archives/2009/08/did_microsoft_j.html

Microsoft's Windows Mobile: Time to Hang Up?

,----[ Quote ]
| There are better ways for Microsoft to make money from smartphones than to
| keep investing in a mobile operating system that's losing share and relevance
`----

http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/aug2009/tc2009087_110164.htm?chan=technology_technology+index+page_software

Is Googleâs Android Killing Windows Mobile?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://gigaom.com/2009/07/30/is-googles-android-killing-windows-mobile/