[News] More Success Stories for Embedded Linux

IPTV receiver taps Linux plug-computer design

,----[ Quote ]
| An Israeli Internet video search and classification vendor has announced an
| IPTV receiver based on Marvell's Linux-based SheevaPlug Plug Computer
| reference design. WebTView's compact, low-power WebTVPlug device connects to
| the company's WebTView service to enable Internet TV on any DLNA/UPnP-enabled
| home device, says the company.
`----

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/WebTView-WebTVPlug/?kc=rss

Rugged UMPC targets military applications

,----[ Quote ]
| TAG's Linux-friendly TC-100 is described as offering "state-of-the-art
| technology, specifically hardened to resist the harshest requirements of
| modern tactical field applications." The 3.8-pound UMPC features
| impact-absorbing rubber handgrips, sealed I/O ports, and is said to meet a
| bevy of environmental standards.
`----

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Technology-Advancement-Group-TC100/?kc=rss

5 Quirky Linux Concepts: Hardware and Software

,----[ Quote ]
| The world of open source is structured to invite unusual, often downright
| quirky contributions from people with unusual skills, and that inevitably
| leads to offbeat inventions. On the Linux front, especially because of easily
| executed embedded Linux concepts, both hardware and software inventions of
| the quirky type appear regularly.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/5-quirky-linux-concepts-hardware-and-software

Recent:

Android to replace Garmin-Asus' current Linux platform

,----[ Quote ]
| At CommunicAsia today, Garmin-Asus showed off its nuvifone G60 and M20
| devices. The former was first developed independently by Garmin and later
| rebadged with the new brand name after the two companies decided to
| collaborate on a line of navigation-focused smartphones.
`----

http://asia.cnet.com/crave/2009/06/16/android-to-replace-garmin-asus-current-linux-platform/

Asian mobile operators team up for Android

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2009/061809-asian-mobile-operators-team-up.html?fsrc=rss-linux-news