[News] Compiz++ 0.9 is Coming, Other Amazing Applications for GNU/Linux

7 months later

,----[ Quote ]
| We are pretty close to a 0.9 Beta now in terms of functionality. Most of the
| plugins have been ported in some form to compiz++ although some (mostly the
| oneâs Iâve done) are broken in some way which makes them unusable. When I
| say âmostâ, I mean that it is about 80% feature parity with 0.8, just some of
| the *big* plugins have not been ported yet. Asides from some of my own
| plugins and other users, most user plugins (especially big ones) still need
| to be ported.
`----

http://smspillaz.wordpress.com/2009/08/15/7-months-later/

Boxee Will Blow You Away

,----[ Quote ]
| Boxee is a cross-platform freeware media center software with promising new
| social networking features. Boxee is based on XBMC media center, an award
| winning open source project. Since i had  already tested the latest XBMC
| 9.04, i was not expecting anything dramatic from an alpha release of Boxee. I
| was way wrong.
`----

http://ubuntumanual.org/posts/196/boxee-will-blow-you-away

Artha - WordWeb Knockoff for Desktop Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Artha is a handy dictionary/thesaurus program for Linux that focuses on high
| usability. It makes the best utilization of WordNet database with highly
| usable Hotkeys, Regular Expressions, Notifications, Relative Senses,
| Suggestions and Much More!
`----

http://pclinuxos2007.blogspot.com/2009/08/artha-wordweb-knockoff-for-desktop.html

Recent:

Compiz Fusion boost my 3D performance

,----[ Quote ]
| The installation went smooth without any error. I found that the
| compiz-fusion features offer more choice of effects compared to it's sibling
| compiz. And the thing that I am really impressed after read the glxgears, I
| am getting constantly rate whooping up to 1200+ fps compare to the previous
| at 140 fps!
`----

http://planetyazid.blogspot.com/2009/07/compiz-fusion-boost-my-3d-performance.html

Compiz 0.9.x - Where are we now, and where to from here

,----[ Quote ]
| Anyways, this post is about Compiz 0.9.x (formerly âcompiz++â). Compiz 0.9.x
| started in december when onestone announced his core rewrite on the mailing
| list. It had features like pluggable output backends, written in c++ (and a
| few nice interfaces that came with it) and other misc bits and pieces. It was
| designed mostly in mind to overcome a lot of the design problems we were
| having, like plugin-plugins and a ridiculous amound of code to manage lists.
| In Janurary, some developers started to toy around with it and at the
| beginning of this February, we announced that compiz++ would become the base
| for the 0.9.x series and the 0.9.x series would features some major reworks.
| Weâve all been quite busy during that time - so weâve done whatever possible
| to push the branch forwards.
`----

http://smspillaz.wordpress.com/2009/04/02/compiz-09x-where-are-we-now-and-where-to-from-here/

[FusionComm] Compiz 0.8.2 fully released !

,----[ Quote ]
| This is the first stable release of Compiz 0.8 series. This release is the
| first merged release of both (former) Compiz and Compiz Fusion projects, and
| what is newly released here is what previously was the -fusion part ; the
| core part was released on Sunday, March 1st. This release is the result of
| the 0.7 development series and is mostly a bugfix release. A fully detailed
| changelog is available below.
`----

http://lists.compiz-fusion.org/pipermail/community/2009-March/000185.html

Special dev version 1.9.22-based with Compiz released

,----[ Quote ]
| Have you ever dreamed of Compiz-like effects in Enlightenment 17 ?
|
| After a good number of previous testing versions, reports, fixes, and
| features added, Elive finally releases the special version with E17 running
| over Compiz (ecomorph).
|
| Do you want more details? Just watch the video and see what it looks like!
`----

http://www.elivecd.org/Main/News/elive-development-1.9.22-compiz-released

[compiz] [ANNOUNCE] compiz-0.8.0

,----[ Quote ]
| New plugin "commands" that handles the bindings for arbitrary commands that
| previously were handled in core. In addition to the previously present key
| bindings button and edge bindings were added as well.
`----

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/compiz/2009-February/003299.html

[ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-ati 6.11.0

,----[ Quote ]
| xf86-video-ati 6.11.0
|
| Highlights:
| - - Lots of bug fixes since 6.10.0
| - - Crtc/output/encoder rework
| - - Render repeat mode fixes
|
| 6.12.0 will be soon to follow with accel support for r6xx/r7xx chips
|
| Alan Coopersmith (2):
|       Remove xorgconfig & xorgcfg from See Also list in man page
|       Add README with pointers to mailing list, bugzilla & git repos
`----

http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-driver-ati/2009-February/008479.html

First Look: Elive E17 Compiz

,----[ Quote ]