[News] Amarok 2 and KDE4 Advice

Amarok 2: Universal Mass Storage Device Support Here

http://awainzin-foss.blogspot.com/2009/08/amarok-2-universal-mass-storage-device.html

A Beginnerâs Guide To Migrating from GNOME to KDE in Ubuntu 9.04

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu 9.04 comes with GNOME 2.26. However, there is another very good
| alternative to GNOME 2.26 which is KDE 4.2. While I would have never
| recommended KDE before, KDE has really improved a lot with version 4.2. So,
| this is worth giving a try.
|
| In this article we look into the various steps in shifting from a GNOME
| environment to a KDE one from a beginnerâs perspective.
`----

http://digitizor.com/2009/08/16/a-beginners-guide-to-migrating-from-gnome-to-kde-in-ubuntu-9-04/

Recent:

Amarok 2.2 development, one week in

,----[ Quote ]
| Last Friday, trunk was opened for features and changes intended for Amarok
| 2.2. In the scope of a few hours more than 250 commits had been made as
| people were frantically committing their local git repos.
`----

http://amarok.kde.org/blog/archives/1065-Amarok-2.2-development,-one-week-in.html

Amarok 2.1 Quick(-ish) Review

| So Iâve just installed Amarok 2.1. Configured my collection location easy
| enough, downloaded the alarm script from the scripts library (havenât tried
| it yet) and now I set about making it look how I want. I know exactly how I
| want Amarok 2 to look: Exactly like Amarok 1.4.
`----

http://allenjb.me.uk/amarok-21-quick-ish-review

Amarok 2.1 is out & Installing Amarok 2.1 on Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty

,----[ Quote ]
| Another nice feature introduced is âbookmarkingâ - any track with a length
| greater than 10minutes and Amarok will save the last listened position, so
| when you return to playing the track, it resumes from the last bookmarked
| place. You can also manually bookmark any track btw.
`----

http://polishlinux.org/linux/ubuntu/amarok-21-is-out-installing-amarok-21-on-ubuntu-904-jaunty/

Amarok 2.1 "Let There Be Light" released

,----[ Quote ]
| Since the release of 2.0 we have gotten a lot of feedback and have already
| integrated some of it in 2.0.1 and 2.0.2. This new release includes a new
| look, many improvements, new features and brings back old favorites.
`----

http://www.kdenews.org/2009/06/03/amarok-21-let-there-be-light-released

Amarok 2.1 Brings a Plethora of Cool Features

,----[ Quote ]
| As we've mentioned at the beginning of the article, there's also a huge list
| of bugfixes and many other small improvements. And, as the developers always
| promised, future versions of Amarok 2.1 will bring even more of your favorite
| features... so stay tuned!
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Amarok-2-1-Brings-Plethora-of-Cool-Features-113336.shtml

Amarok 2.1 Released

http://helpforlinux.blogspot.com/2009/06/amarok-21-released.html

Amarok 2.1 released

http://www.h-online.com/open/Amarok-2-1-released--/news/113451

Hooray, I Have Finally Found a Replacement for Amarok

,----[ Quote ]
| Gmusicbrowser has a lot more features that the ones in this post, I only
| wrote about the things I liked, but you will find an option for full-screen
| too, IDtag writer and many many others. Give Gmusicbrowser a try and let me
| know what you think!
`----

http://webupd8.blogspot.com/2009/06/hurray-i-have-finally-found-replacement.html

Amarok 2.1 Beta 2 Released