[News] Free Software Business a Great Success by Now, Economy Helps

Larry Augustin: Open source fueling enterprise software shift

,----[ Quote ]
| Open source is giving a mighty boost to the enterprise software industry,
| changing the support equation for users and signaling to Microsoft and other
| proprietary vendors that it's time to catch on or be left out, according to
| Larry Augustin, an open source visionary and the current SugarCRM CEO.
`----

http://www.ddj.com/linux-open-source/219400374

Open source software assessment methodologies

,----[ Quote ]
| During difficult times, like the current economic downturn, open source
| systems are increasingly being adopted due to their significant cost
| advantages. Additionally, open source products are now moving and maturing up
| the value chain in areas such as Customer Relationship Management, Business
| Intelligence, Business Process Management and Enterprise Content Management,
| to name a few.
`----

http://www.dailymirror.lk/DM_BLOG/Sections/frmNewsDetailView.aspx?ARTID=58259

Digium to Sponsor Asterisk Open Source PBX Workshop at ITEXPO West

,----[ Quote ]
| The course, hosted by Digium, the Huntsville, Ala.-based creators and
| developers of the popular telephony platform, provides a one-day âgentleâ
| introduction to the Asterisk Open Source PBX and is scheduled for September
| 2.
`----

http://asterisk.tmcnet.com/topics/asterisk/articles/62342-digium-sponsor-asterisk-open-source-pbx-workshop-itexpo.htm

Recent:

'Long Tail' Guru: 'Free' Not a Four-Letter-Word

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.internetnews.com/webcontent/article.php/3818881