Re: Anyone want to guess how Schestowitz spins this?

Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 23:09:10 GMT, 7 wrote:
>

>> But I thought you said you were in Bangkok pirating windump CDs?!!!
>
> That would be High Plains Thumper [snip rest of troll shite]
>
> I wonder if the authorities have caught up with him yet?

Flatfish is a brazen liar.  I mentioned writing Autodesk after
finding that the software was being bootlegged.  (It may be a
phishing site to get one's credit card number, IMO.)  Here is the
reply:

[quote]
Re: Other
Sunday, August 16, 2009
From: "Autodesk US"
To: highpl...@...com

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting the online store.

SCAM [...]

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
A shopper has emailed customer service with a request. The
following reasons were selected for the contact, and the
specified email address was given for contact.

Selected Reasons: Other
Shopper Email:  highpl...@...com
Shopper Comments: If one does a Google search using text
"Autodesk Maya Unlimited 2009 Win Linux Mac", one link is
http://down.cd/info_2913.html

Please note, it seems accessible once one goes through Google
search page link, but otherwise a webpage login called "CD
Private Download for Friends" comes up.  Through Google link,
webpage states:

[quote]
Price: $25
Size: 2.63 Gb
Platform: Linux, MacOS, Windows

$25 - BUY NOW

Autodesk Maya Unlimited 2009 Win Linux Mac

The award-winning Autodesk Maya software is a powerful,
integrated 3D modeling, animation, visual effects, and rendering
solution. Because Maya is based on an open architecture, all your
work can be scripted or programmed using a well-documented and
comprehensive API (application programming interface) or one of
two embedded scripting languages, the Maya Embedded Language
(MEL) or Python. This level of openness, combined with an
industry-leading suite of 3D tools, enables you to realize your
creative vision for your film, television, game development, and
design projects.
[/quote]

At first I thought it to be a legitimate site as it mentioned
Open Source, whcih I am interested in, but acquaintances pointed
out your website.  For a package that costs US $5,000 and one
able to obtain for $25 appears to be software piracy.
[/quote]

--
HPT