[News] People Converted to Mere Numbers, DNA Captured Too

How 10 digits will end privacy as we know it

,----[ Quote ]
| A study of 1990 U.S. Census data revealed that 87 percent of the people in
| the United States were uniquely identifiable with just three pieces of
| information (PDF): five-digit ZIP code, gender, and date of birth. Internet
| surfers today spew considerably more information than that.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-10310446-83.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

DNA Database Doomed: It Works Too Well

,----[ Quote ]
| This is something I've been saying (without proof, admittedly) for a while:
| the UK's insane DNA database is doomed not because it doesn't work well, but
| because it works *too* well in a sense - in that it lets you frame anybody
| with perfect efficiency...
`----

http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2009/08/dna-database-doomed-it-works-too-well.html

Recent:

UK ID Card Technology Cloned...

,----[ Quote ]
| No surprises there, of course; but what's significant is that it's the Daily
| Mail that's pushing this jolly news out to its assembled readers. This means
| the message is going out to groups beyond the obvious Guardian greeny-lefties
| and Telegraph Tories.
`----

http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2009/08/uk-id-card-technology-cloned.html

Government rubbishes ID card hack report

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/08/07/id_card_hacked/

Related:

Labour minister says 14 year olds should get ID cards

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/09/23/id_cards_offies/