Re: Microsoft planned to bury XML developer, says federal judge

Verily I say unto thee, that nessuno spake thusly:
> <Quote>
> Microsoft knew of the patent held by i4i as early as 2001, but
> instead set out to make the Canadian developer's software "obsolete"
> by adding a feature to Word, according to court documents....

A stereotypical example of the Vole's "embrace, extend, extinguish" tactics.

Software patents may be sinister, but they're not nearly as sinister as
Microsoft's gangster methods, so I hope they get well and truly hammered
by this case.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Seek not the favour of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest
|  and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not
|  voices, but weigh them." ~ Immanuel Kant
`----

Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) on sky, running kernel 2.6.26.8-57.fc8
 22:00:52 up 83 days,  1:58,  5 users,  load average: 0.05, 0.08, 0.04