[News] Microsoft Still Abuses Windows Monopoly to Discriminate Against Firefox

Mozilla to EC: Microsoft Getting Off Too Easy

,----[ Quote ]
| As a settlement looms in Microsoft's tÃte-Ã-tÃte with the European Commission
| (EC) over bundling Internet Explorer (IE) with Windows, one of the software
| giant's arch rivals has weighed in with a calculated blogging campaign.
`----

http://www.internetnews.com/government/article.php/3835186

Mozilla: MSFT Must Compromise More

,----[ Quote ]
| Meanwhile, Anderson said he was blogging to call out "deficiencies" in
| Microsoft's proposal.
|
| "When IE is not the default, any launch of IE, user intended/initiated or
| not, may prompt the user to restore IE as his default browser," Anderson said
| in a Tuesday blog post. He also said that Microsoft should not be allowed to
| fire up IE from within an application -- even Microsoft apps like the Office
| suite -- whenever a browser function is needed.
|
| "If Microsoft applications need to launch a browser, they should only launch
| the userâs default browser," Anderson added.
|
| "The European Commission is reviewing the proposals we submitted July 24, and
| it's important that public feedback be part of that process. While we may not
| align on every specific point, we welcome Mozillaâs input and find their
| perspectives constructive. We look forward to the next steps in the
| Commission's review," Microsoft spokesperson Kevin Kutz, said in an e-mail.
|
| The Mozilla blog posts appear to be timed to impact settlement talks going on
| between Microsoft and the EC -- the EU's executive branch.
`----

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osrc/article.php/3835211

Recent:

Opera CEO von Tetzchner: Microsoft's IE8 'turn-off' is not enough

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.betanews.com/article/Opera-CEO-von-Tetzchner-Microsofts-IE8-turnoff-is-not-enough/1236630337