[News] Free (Libre) Web Browsers in Review, New Features Overviews

Major update, Fennec, Test Pilot, Bespin, Service Week, MozCamp, Web L10n,
Camino, and moreâ

,----[ Quote ]
| In this issueâ
|
|     * Major update coming to Firefox 3
|     * Mozilla VP on Firefox Mobile
|     * Become a Mozilla Test Pilot!
|     * Bespin 0.4 released
`----

http://blog.mozilla.com/about_mozilla/2009/08/18/major-update-fennec-test-pilot-bespin-service-week-mozcamp-web-l10n-camino-and-more/

10 Firefox Add-Ons Small Businesses Canât Do Without

,----[ Quote ]
| By now, youâve probably discovered how delightful the Firefox Web browser is
| to use while surfing or working on the Internet. One of its best features is
| that itâs easily customizable by using add-ons to add extra functionality.
| Here are 10 favorites that make getting things done a little easier, more
| efficient, and fun.
`----

http://blog.worldlabel.com/2009/10-firefox-add-ons-small-businesses-cant-do-without.html

Chrome gets bookmark sync with version 4.x

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-10311748-92.html

Hands on: bookmark sync lands in Chrome developer builds

,----[ Quote ]
| Google's Chrome Web browser has gained experimental support for bookmark
| synchronization. Users can sync their Chrome bookmarks between computers and
| access them in any browser through Google Docs.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2009/08/hands-on-bookmark-sync-lands-in-chrome-developer-builds.ars

Surfing Since 1991: The Evolution of Web Browsers

,----[ Quote ]
| Firefox has found more than a niche market by giving users near endless
| customization, and Apple's Safari purports to run circles around everyone
| else (it doesn't). And then there's the cornucopia of alternative browsers
| and browser shells, like Flock (Firefox-based) and Avant (IE-based).
`----

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/features/web_browsers

Recent:

Netscape Founder Backs New Browser

,----[ Quote ]
| Mr. Andreessen appears to want a rematch. Now a prominent Silicon Valley
| financier, Mr. Andreessen is backing a start-up called RockMelt, staffed with
| some of his close associates, that is building a new Internet browser,
| according to people with knowledge of his investment.
`----

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/14/technology/internet/14browser.html?_r=1

Report: Andressen Invests in Browser Startup RockMelt

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/170233/report_andressen_invests_in_browser_startup_rockmelt.html

Is Chrome OS Too Orwellian Or Big Brother-ish?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://thecoffeedesk.com/news/index.php/2009/08/13/chrome-os-big-brother/