Re: [News] Apple iPhones Are Exploding and Windows Mobile Sinking

On 2009-08-20, RonB <ronb02NOSPAM@xxxxxxxxx> claimed:

> My brother once programmed for Xircom. He was sent to Redmond to try to
> get Microsoft to simplify Windows CE (this was several years back). He
> tried to explain to them that "kitchen sink" principle didn't work in
> mobile devices. Didn't even phase Microsoft -- it was more or less,
> "Thank you, but we're the ones who really know what we're doing here."

And they were right. They wouldn't be where they are today in the
mobile market if they'd listened to all of the people who came to them
with ideas of ways to "do it better."

You go, MICRO$~1! You're kickin' butt and takin' names!

--
Some men rob you with a six-gun, others with a fountain pen.
  -- Woodie Guthrie