Re: Interesting domain registration

Above the shrieking & FUDding of the trolls,Chris Ahlstrom was heard to
say:

> After takin' a swig o' grog, Tim Smith belched out
>   this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> In article <h6htfa$ing$2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>>  Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> After takin' a swig o' grog, Tim Smith belched out
>>>   this bit o' wisdom:

>>> You left out some stuff, Tim.
>>>
>>>    $ whois boycottnovell.com
>>>
>>>    Whois Server Version 2.0
>>>
>>>    Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
>>>    with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
>>>    for detailed information.
>>>
>>>       Domain Name: BOYCOTTNOVELL.COM
>>>       Registrar: GODADDY.COM, INC.
>>>       Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
>>>       Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com
>>>       Name Server: NS1.COPILOTCO.COM
>>>       Name Server: NS2.COPILOTCO.COM
>>>
>>> And you snipped what comes right after your quote:
>>>
>>>    Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
>>>    Domain Name: BOYCOTTNOVELL.COM
>>>    Created on: 07-Nov-06
>>>    Expires on: 07-Nov-10
>>>    Last Updated on: 17-May-09
>>>
>>>    Administrative Contact:
>>>    Schestowitz, Roy  r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>>    Imaging Science
>>>    Manchester University
>>>    Oxford Road
>>>    Manchester, Lancashire m156px
>>>    United Kingdom
>>>    +44.08445442508      Fax --
>>>
>>> In other words, Roy registered through GoDaddy, but (properly) gave his
>>> contact information where he is currently situated (or so I believe).
>>
>> The "registrant" in whois is the organization or person that is listed
>> as owning the domain. The administrative and technical contacts are the
>> people who represent that organization or person in administrative an
>> technical matters, respectively, concerning the domain.
>>
>> For example, the registrant for mit.edu is MIT. The admin and technical
>> contacts are Jeffrey I. Schiller, at an MIT address. You don't think
>> mit.edu is Schiller's domain, do you?
>>
>> Basically, Roy has registered his domain in such a way that it looks
>> like it is a domain *owned* by the university, and operated for the
>> university by Roy. I'm curious why the university would allow that.
>
> Probably because, like me, and unlike you, they are capable of reading the
> whole thing and understanding what is going on -- someone in the department
> buhying a domain name and using his "work" information for contact
> information.

The Smith troll is just looking *desperate* to smear Roy's name at any price.
In the process, all the troll is doing is making itself look stupid. I've no
doubt the other idiot Hadron troll is lurking in the background too,

> In any case, sounds like flatfish will clear things up, just like
> David "Lefty" Schlesinger will, too.
>
> Say, Tim!!!! You're experienced with participating in litigation.  You could
> be a witness for the prosecution!  I'll bet you learned a lot of good tricks
> about tarring someone's reputation through cross-examination.

Neither Smith nor Hadron the Idiot would last five minutes on a witness stand
under examination from a good lawyer.

--
Digital Tipping Point

http://www.archive.org/details/proof_of_concept_four_mins.mpg