Re: Interesting domain registration

After takin' a swig o' grog, Tim Smith belched out
  this bit o' wisdom:

> In article <h6jbes$fbo$2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>  Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > For example, the registrant for mit.edu is MIT. The admin and technical
>> > contacts are Jeffrey I. Schiller, at an MIT address. You don't think
>> > mit.edu is Schiller's domain, do you?
>> >
>> > Basically, Roy has registered his domain in such a way that it looks
>> > like it is a domain *owned* by the university, and operated for the
>> > university by Roy. I'm curious why the university would allow that.
>>
>> Probably because, like me, and unlike you, they are capable of reading the
>> whole thing and understanding what is going on -- someone in the department
>> buhying a domain name and using his "work" information for contact
>> information.
>
> Please explain exactly how you figure that out from the domain
> registration information, when the *registrant* is listed as the
> department, not as Roy.
>
> You might want to first look at a few other domains, to familiarize
> yourself with how domain registration works, since you appear to be
> confused over the meaning of the fields in the whois data.
>
> Do you think mit.edu is Jeffrey Schiller's domain? Do you think
> oracle.com is John Doyle's or Charles Hoynowski's domain?

Cavil all you want, Tim.  You're simply backfilling to cover your
snippage of the context information necessary to know what is going on.

If and when boycottnovell.com gets taken down by the University, then you
will be shown t be right.  At present, I think you simply engaged in
malicious snippage in the service of your obsession with Roy.

--
Things past redress and now with me past care.
		-- William Shakespeare, "Richard II"