[News] USB Turntable Done with Linux, New USB Turnkey Bioinformatics Linux Distribution

  • Subject: [News] USB Turntable Done with Linux, New USB Turnkey Bioinformatics Linux Distribution
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 13:51:31 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Using a USB Turntable with Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Personally, since I bought my own USB turntable, I've been enjoying albums
| that I haven't listened to in years because they were in storage. Not only
| that, but, despite the fact that the cult of vinyl seems likely to be around
| for a few more years, I can't help being relieved that I've transferred my
| old music to a more accessible format while I still can.
`----

http://linux.com/news/hardware/peripherals/38258-using-a-usb-turntable-with-linux

Two Notable Linux Updates

,----[ Quote ]
| The other release worth checking out is the updated version of Open
| Discovery, a USB turnkey bioinformatics Linux distribution with a customized
| MPI specifically designed for multi-core processors. Open Discovery 2 ships
| with an MPI compiled GROMACS V-3 3, the molecular dynamics software
| application. You can download Open Discovery 2 here.
`----

http://www.genomeweb.com/blog/linux-updates-take-note

Related:

Bioinformatics Open Source Conference, Stockholm, Sweden

,----[ Quote ]
| The Bioinformatics Open Source Conference (BOSC) will be held on 27 and 28
| June in Stockholm, Sweden.
|
| A variety of open source bioinformatics packages are used by the research
| community across many application areas and enable research in the genomic
| and post-genomic era. Open source bioinformatics software has facilitated
| innovation, dissemination and adoption of new computational methods, reusable
| software components and standards.
`----

http://cordis.europa.eu/fetch?CALLER=EN_NEWS&ACTION=D&SESSION=&RCN=30699

Active Media Products Introduces Penguin Bootable Linux USB Drive

,----[ Quote ]
| Active Media Products (AMP), manufacturer of SSDs and WWF series USB drives,
| today announced immediate availability of a bootable Linux USB (BLU) drive
| that is compatible with Windows 7 and benefits WWF. These new penguin BLU
| drives are preloaded with the full installation of Ubuntu Linux 9.0.4.
`----

http://www.hartware.de/press_10831.html

Mandriva's Linux-on-a-stick refreshed with Spring '09 release

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/07/16/mandriva_flash_2009_spring/