Re: [News] UserOS Extreme 9.04 is Going to Launch Soon

Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 16:46:20 +0100, Tony(UK) wrote:
>
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>>> UserOS Extreme 9.04 - coming to October 2009 PC User
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://darrenyates.com.au/?p=1167
>>
>> I'll keep a lookout for the October edition of PC User - they don't seem
>> to need a decisive journalist there - or do they?
>> [Quote] UserOS Extreme 9.04. Based on the recent Ubuntu 9.04 release,
>> [weâve
>> built the new operating system from the ground up.. [Unquote]
>> [Quote] It's not based on an existing distro...[Unquote]
>>
>> The provided link does not work.
>
> The link works here.
>
> http://darrenyates.com.au/?p=1167

It does here now - Seems like a customized Xubuntu with multimedia codecs
[Eyes Passim]
I get slated for mentioning the pointlessness of these clones of clones of
clones.
Built from the ground up? Nope, don't think so.
Not based on an existing distro? I think otherwise.
Wonder what repositories it will use?