Re: [News] Details on BBC's Documentary on Free Software; Free Software "Hall of Famers"

____/ Homer on Saturday 22 August 2009 01:38 : \____

http://www.computerweekly.com/Articles/2004/04/19/201859/reliability-drives-linux-use-at-bbc.htm

> Of course, this was in the days before Erik Huggers and the rest of the
> Vole's minions infested the BBC.
>
> Then there's this:
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/opensource/
>
> You may notice that, thanks to people like Huggers, it states "we're no
> longer updating this page".
>
> Another "threat" squashed by Microsoft's goons.

This is part of Microsoft's strategy:

| What to Do?
|
|     * Ask the partner to give you heads up on customer situations â bribe
|     them!
|
| [...]
|
| Find and Lean on your insider friend, âthe foxâ. Having a trusted MSfriend in
| the account is critical. Some people (unix Bigots) can think of lots of
| reasons to not have a MS solution. MS folks may not be the strongest voice
| but they are true believers (Protect them, make them look good).
`----

- From Comes vs Microsoft [PDF]:

        http://boycottnovell.com/comes-vs-microsoft/assorted-2009/PX09346.pdf

- --
                ~~ Best of wishes

Competely pointless fact of the day: One of my rats is called Solaris, due
to the fact it's fat and bloated. The other is called Perl. It's a nervous
insane little animal. -- Ashley Penney
Tasks: 140 total,   1 running, 139 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie