[News] Ubuntu Linux Has Appeal and Cost Advantages, But Marketing (Perception) a Deficiency

  • Subject: [News] Ubuntu Linux Has Appeal and Cost Advantages, But Marketing (Perception) a Deficiency
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 22:57:58 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Ubuntu Linux- A cost below free.

,----[ Quote ]
| The competitive advantage of "free" that Ubuntu has simply does not sell with
| the enterprise market. Most corporate users would not migrate to Ubuntu
| simply because it is free. As long as they are willing to pay lots of money
| for MS Windows licenses, then it invariably means that  to corporate and
| enterprise customers there is a price lower than free.
`----

http://sinaisix.blogspot.com/2009/08/ubuntu-linux-cost-below-free.html

Ubuntu: Marketing Frustrations

,----[ Quote ]
| If we canât have a corporate sponsor such as Canonical, IBM, Intel, Google,
| Linux Foundation paying for adverts, then perhaps itâs time we started doing
| something as a community. Iâm not talking about the nascar 500 debarkle, but
| more of the firefox in the paper, full page spread kind of marketing. This
| kind of marketing would take real organisation though, lots of research and a
| lot of time to pull together all the people interested in making it happen.
| Thatâs probably why itâs not been done before.
`----

http://doctormo.wordpress.com/2009/08/20/ubuntu-marketing-frustrations/

Ubuntu â Unwanted Poster-boy?

,----[ Quote ]
| I do know that there will always be pockets of trolls waiting under forum
| bridges, though if we can all be a bit more positive and work together, it'll
| be for the greater benefit of Linux.
`----

http://www.headshotgamer.com/review.aspx?id=113

Recent: