Re: [News] Ubuntu Linux Has Appeal and Cost Advantages, But Marketing (Perception) a Deficiency

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Ubuntu Linux- A cost below free.
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | The competitive advantage of "free" that Ubuntu has simply does not sell
> | with the enterprise market. Most corporate users would not migrate to
> | Ubuntu simply because it is free. As long as they are willing to pay
> | lots of money
> | for MS Windows licenses, then it invariably means that  to corporate and
> | enterprise customers there is a price lower than free.
> `----
>
> http://sinaisix.blogspot.com/2009/08/ubuntu-linux-cost-below-free.html

I don't get what gets into these knowledge challenged bloggers.
Linux is free as in freedom not price to an enterprise.
If its a cost issue, enterprise Linux has lower cost than micoshaft.

Micoshaft likes to think they are cheap.
Only if you believe Santa Claus will refund you the difference
in a corporate environment.

Micoshaft likes to think they can prove they cost less than Linux.
Only if you believe their comparisons and graphs and
willfully ignored corporate Linux comparisons and graphs.