Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Main BBC Goon Spreads Propaganda Again Citizens ("Piracy")

  • Subject: Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Main BBC Goon Spreads Propaganda Again Citizens ("Piracy")
  • From: "Tony(UK)" <tony_smith100@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 07:40:41 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Microsoft's Ashley Highfield: 'We must face piracy head on'

snipped for brevity.

Oh the irony of this statement.
Over the years, I have witnessed audio made with illegal copies of Cool Edit
Pro originating from companies that should know better.

This whole area warrants closer scrutiny, as almost ALL organisations that
are involved with the Internet in the United Kingdom are actively and
knowingly involved with piracy, this is being investigated at the highest
level by at least one political UK party's Shadow Minister.

UK ISP's that carry a 'comprehensive binary newsgroup feed' are soon to be
no more in a crack-down of illegal software, music and pornographic content
in an effort to clean up the UK's house. It is hoped that other countries
will follow.
You will hear more on this story in the press when the House of Commons
returns after the Summer recess. This is no pie-in-the-sky fabrication, as,
for my sins, I am personally involved.