[News] Mozilla/Firefox Does Bespin, List of Addons

Bespin cloud editor gains collaborative editing feature

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla Labs has released a new version of Bespin, a Web-based integrated
| development environment. The new version introduces support for collaborative
| editing.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2009/08/bespin-cloud-editor-gains-collaborative-editing-feature.ars

12 add-ons every Firefox user must have

,----[ Quote ]
| Firefox's extendibility is one of its great advantages, and there are
| thousands of plugins to choose from.
|
| But having so much choice can be confusing, and it's often hard to tell which
| add-ons are worth installing and which are best left alone. So look no
| further - here's our 12 essential Firefox extensions. Download them now!
`----

http://www.techradar.com/news/software/applications/12-add-ons-every-firefox-user-must-have-626812?src=rss&attr=newsintern

Which Web Browser And Why?

,----[ Quote ]
| Stuck in a 'Net surfing rut? Firefox, IE, Safari, and Opera have all been
| refreshed recently, and newbies Google Chrome and Microsoft IE 8 have joined
| the fray. Here's how to choose.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/news/internet/browsers/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=219400649

Recent:

Five Questions With Dion Almaer - Co-Creator Of Mozilla Bespin

,----[ Quote ]
| Dion Almaer is a name you will find 80,700 results for when searching on
| Google, so it is clear that people know how Dion Almaer is however, let's
| kick this interview of with, like the shower scene in a slasher movie, the
| obligatory first question, who is Dion Almaer?
|
| Haha, yeah, I guess people could find a lot about me if they wanted huh? :) I
| am a Brit who moved to the US many moons ago and now live in the bay area,
| California. Some may know my work at Ajaxian.com, which is a blog discussing
| Ajax technology. I founded that blog with my partner in crime, Ben Galbraith,
| and we recently had a chance to join forces at Mozilla to startup a new
| Developer Tools Lab together. Bespin is the first experiment out from that
| lab.
`----

http://www.opensourcereleasefeed.com/interview/show/five-questions-with-dion-almaer-co-creator-of-mozilla-bespin

Mozilla asks developers to take Bespin for a spin

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla has spun out Bespin for developers to run naked and free in an
| extensible web-based code editing paradise that promotes open relationships
| standards.
|
| The not-for-profit outfit said yesterday that the project, which has been
| under development for several months, would act as a collaborative working
| space for coders who use HTML5 features to fiddle with.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/02/13/mozilla_bespin/

What Mozilla's Bespin Bespeaks

,----[ Quote ]
| One of the most interesting developments in the open source world is the way
| that Mozilla has changed in recent years. What started out as a (slightly
| shambolic) attempt to hack a decent browser out of the wreckage of the
| Netscape Communicator code, has turned into arguably one of the two or three
| most important forces in free software today (you can draw up your own list).
|
| [...]
|
| You can see that Bespin is ticking all the Mozilla boxes, but what's also
| striking is that this is a Web-based project: Mozilla is entering the cloud.
`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/community/blogs/index.cfm?entryid=1858&blogid=14

IDE in the cloud: Mozilla Labs' browser-based IDE prototype

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2009/02/ide-in-the-cloud-mozilla-labs-browser-based-ide-prototype.ars

Introducing Bespin

,----[ Quote ]
`----