[News] Free Software in Education Defended, Expanded

Anthony Doesburg: Students open to new source of knowledge

,----[ Quote ]
| All of it is open-source - and free - saving an estimated $200,000 over the
| equivalent proprietary software from the likes of Microsoft. Yet, says Mark
| Osborne, Albany Senior High's deputy principal and IT co-ordinator, the
| money's only part of it.
|
| "The financial benefits of open-source are quite secondary to our overall
| goal, which is to be an open, collaborative community where nobody is shut
| out of the learning process; nobody is beyond our community."
`----

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=10592238

The e-Learning Lingo Podcast Discusses âOpen Source Softwareâ

,----[ Quote ]
| Dave Boggs, CEO of SyberWorks, states, âThis weekâs episode of the e-Learning
| Lingo Podcast describes software for which the original program instructions
| are widely available.â
`----

http://www.pr.com/press-release/173449

Recent: