[News] Op Ed: Linux Should Descend to Mind Manipulation

All Linux needs is a good commercial

,----[ Quote ]
| Larry: âWell, give me Linux.â
|
| Elaine: âGo get it yourself.â
|
| Larry: âBut I just bought this laptop, I donât want to have to buy anything
| else.â
|
| Elaine: âItâs free. Now go away.â
|
| Larry: âFreeââ The gears are working in Larryâs brain. âWhatâs the catch.
| Thereâs always a catch.â
|
| Elaine: âNo catch, Larry. Itâs just free.â
|
| Larry looks over Elaineâs shoulder as she continues working.
|
| Larry: âLooks good. Hard to believe all of that is free. Why havenât I heard
| of this before?â
|
| Elaine: âYou have now. Now go away!â
|
| Larry: âFine. Iâll go get this Linux.â
`----

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/opensource/?p=874

Linux- 5 steps to a wider adoption.

,----[ Quote ]
| Step 2- Publicity
| There does not seem to be any kind of active publicity going on anywhere- at
| least from where I stand- that is aimed at creating an awareness about Linux.
| There are hundreds of millions of people out there who simply have not heard
| about Linux before. That is a vast market waiting to be tapped. But without
| the proper publicity by the main Linus distros, such a market lies untapped.
| Lots of people are fed up with Windows and want an alternative, but how do
| they get to switch to something they have not even heard of before? It seems
| to me, frankly, that the few people that use Linux as their OS are doing more
| to advertise Linux than the distro vendors themselves. The internet is a very
| great tool that can be used to push Linux to the limelight.
`----

http://sinaisix.blogspot.com/2009/08/linux-5-steps-to-wider-adoption.html

Recent:

Ubuntu: Marketing Frustrations