[News] Firefox 4 Features Preview, APT2 is Coming

Top 3 Mozilla Firefox 4 Features For Next Generation Browsing Experience

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla Firefox needs no special mention to anyone who is associated with
| internet. Perhaps the fastest and most reliable browser in this world is the
| most popular one too as they achieved the Guiness Book of World Records for
| most download in a single day. The key to their success has been continuous
| improvement of the browser and large committed group of high-quality
| developers, which Mozilla Foundation could cheaply leverage due to the open
| source nature of the product. Mozilla Foundation surely do not believe in
| resting on their laurels. Mozilla Firefox 4 suits the idiom perfectly as it
| is coming up with some features we could have never imagined in a browser. So
| let us sneak into that world.
`----

http://www.spreadfirefox.com/node/4962

The APT2 project

,----[ Quote ]
| The planned Acquire system uses GModule to modularize the support for
| different URI schemes. Each module provides a worker class which implements
| one or more URI schemes. The first of these modules will provide a worker
| using GIO, which deals with local file access, samba shares, FTP, SFTP,
| WebDAV and various other protocols, including HTTP until a replacement has
| been written (since we donât want to force gvfs-backends). The workers
| communicate with the parent Acquire object using signals and can cause the
| whole acquisition to be aborted by emiting an âabortâ signal (or similar).
`----

http://juliank.wordpress.com/2009/08/24/the-apt2-project/

Recent:

Design ideas show Firefox 4.0 with a Chrome look

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla has released mockups that show how Firefox 4.0 conceivably might
| look, and two words spring to my mind: Google Chrome.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17939_109-10296609-2.html

First Look at Firefox 4.0 Design Mockups

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://lifehacker.com/5324095/first-look-at-firefox-40-design-mockups