[News] Fedora 12 Reaches Alpha

Announcing Fedora 12 Alpha

,----[ Quote ]
| PackageKit improvements - PackageKit now has plugins to install applications
| from a web browser, and from the command line if a user tries a command from
| a package not yet installed.
`----

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2009-August/msg00009.html

Rawhide: daily live spins are now available!

,----[ Quote ]
| Thereâs been an exciting development recently in Fedora QA land: thanks to
| the superhero Kevin Fenzi and friends, weâre now doing an automated Rawhide
| build of each official live Fedora spin every night, and publishing them
| here.
`----

http://www.happyassassin.net/2009/08/24/rawhide-daily-live-spins-are-now-available/

Recent:

Is it time you swapped Ubuntu for Fedora?

,----[ Quote ]
| The direct link to the commercial enterprise of Red Hat also means that
| Fedora is incredibly secure and stable: its RPM package management is an
| industry standard. Fedora gains a lot of credibility from its community
| driven sibling, with the only downside being a relatively short life cycle
| for support on each release.
`----

http://www.techradar.com/news/software/operating-systems/is-it-time-you-swapped-ubuntu-for-fedora--626968

Fedora 12 Alpha To Bring Many Linux Desktop Improvements

,----[ Quote ]
| The first development release for Fedora 12 (codenamed Constantine), Alpha 1,
| was supposed to be released this week. However, Red Hat has pushed back its
| release to next week Tuesday. While there is this seven-day delay, an Alpha 1
| RC1 ISO spin is available and we decided to provide a very early and brief
| look at the Fedora 12 release.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=fedora_12alpha_pre&num=1

Campaign to get more folks to use Fedora

,----[ Quote ]
| Iâll keep the blog updated with the other steps that we take. If there are
| any changes needed in the poster (as per guidelines etc that I could have
| missed), please comment or email me at âankursinha AT fedoraproject DOT
| orgâ . I still have 4-5 days to put these up.
`----

http://dodoincfedora.wordpress.com/2009/08/18/campaign-to-get-more-folks-to-use-fedora/

Running Fedora "Rawhide"

,----[ Quote ]
| A few months ago we started a series of articles on running the development
| releases of major distributions. So far we have covered Mandriva "Cooker",
| Slackware "Current" and openSUSE "Factory". Today, with the imminent release
| of Fedora 12 Alpha, we'll upgrade a stable Fedora 11 release to the
| latest "Rawhide", the Fedora development branch.
`----

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20090817#tips

Fedora 12 Picks Up Another Batch Of Features

,----[ Quote ]
| Going back to May before the release of Fedora 11, features that were planned
| for Fedora 12 (the release that's codenamed Constantine) began to get laid
| out. Among these features were LVM enhancements, replacing nash/mkinitrd with
| Dracut, and using Empathy as the default instant messaging program. With time
| more features have come about for Fedora 12, such as re-basing the desktop
| environments to KDE 4.3 and GNOME 2.28, updating the kernel, etc. Over the
| weekend though, the Fedora Project Wiki was updated to reflect a whole batch
| of new features that are now planned for Fedora 12. Below are some of these
| new features.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzQxNA

Fedora 12 release name

,----[ Quote ]
| The Fedora 12 release name is:
|
| Â Constantine
|
| The full GPG-signed message from our election coordinator, Nigel Jones, is
| attached. ÂThank you to the community for their suggestions, Josh Boyer and
| the Board for their work on additional diligence searches, and Nigel Jones
| for setting up the voting.
`----

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2009-June/msg00017.html

Fedora 12 to be named Constantine