[News] Video Overview of BackTrack 4 (GNU/Linux), ClarkConnect Now Called ClearOS

  • Subject: [News] Video Overview of BackTrack 4 (GNU/Linux), ClarkConnect Now Called ClearOS
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 22:27:27 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

VIDEO: BackTrack 4, a Linux distro aimed at penetration testing

,----[ Quote ]
| Having an arsenal of penetration testing tools at the ready -- without having
| to actually install any of them -- is without question a major time-saver for
| information security pros. That's why BackTrack is so popular.
`----

http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com.au/contents/35024-Screencast-BackTrack-4-offers-an-arsenal-of-penetration-testing-tools

Foresight and Fedora, ClarkConnect Becomes ClearOS

,----[ Quote ]
| Last week it was reported by LWN and a few other Linux news sites that
| Foresight Linux may employ a change of directionâthat is, create a spinoff
| project that places the Conary package manager onto a Fedora Linux base.
`----

http://linux-blog.org/foresight-and-fedora-clarkconnect-becomes-clearos/

Recent:

Release Notes - ClarkConnect 4.3

,----[ Quote ]
| The following release notes provide an overview of the ClarkConnect 4.3
| release. All users should read this document, but special attention should be
| made by users upgrading their systems to this release.
`----

http://www.clarkconnect.com/docs/Release_Notes_-_ClarkConnect_4.3

Clarkconnect 4.2 Community Edition - Open Source Linux Gateway/Mail/Proxy etc

,----[ Quoite ]
| Overall, I am very happy with Clarkconnect 4.2. It's been rock solid, and
| does everything well. Far quicker and easier than DIY with any given Linux
| distribution, lots of community support (good forums too), and Point Clark
| Networks offer a free intgrated DDNS service, and and update service for
| packages, filters etc.
`----

http://www.geekzone.co.nz/tonyhughes/4696

ClarkConnect: Turns an Average PC into a Powerful Network Server

,----[ Quote ]
| Nowadays, there are hundreds of Linux distributions targeting a diverse set
| of consumers and their number keeps on rising. While many of these
| distributions introduce themselves as an universal solution to all our Linux
| needs, others are taking a more specific role, catering to a specific set of
| users. One such distribution is ClarkConnect which is specifically targeted
| at servers. It tries to provide a complete, yet secured out-of-the-box server
| features.
`----

http://www.linuxlove.org/2007/12/10/clarkconnect-turns-an-average-pc-into-a-powerful-network-server/

ClarkConnect: Open source gateway option for the remote office

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.zdnetasia.com/insight/network/0,39044847,62044414,00.htm?scid=rss_z_eti