[News] Ubuntu Gets Flashy

10 Ubuntu Themed Wallpapers

,----[ Quote ]
| 10 Ubuntu Themed Wallpapers for your Ubuntu desktop.
`----

http://d0od.blogspot.com/2009/08/10-ubuntu-wallpapers.html

Karmicâs Proposed Boot Screen Tweaked Againâ

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu 9.10âs proposed splash and log-in screens have, once again, undergone
| minor revisions.
`----

http://d0od.blogspot.com/2009/08/karmic-splash-boot.html

Ubuntu 9.10's New X Based Boot Splash

,----[ Quote ]
| Dear Ubuntu fans, we are proud to announce that, as of this morning,
| Canonical added a brand-new X-based boot splash, which will be present in the
| upcoming Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic Koala) operating system, due for release on
| October 29th. xplash is the package in charge of the new boot splash and it
| is a userspace software that uses the X interface to draw a splash screen at
| boot before the desktop loads. See the video below to see it in action!
| Softpedia is once again the first website to offer you a preview of the new
| artwork, which will probably be present in the final release of Ubuntu 9.10.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Ubuntu-9-10-039-s-New-Boot-Splash-120193.shtml

Revisiting Linux Part 1: A Look at Ubuntu 8.04

,----[ Quote ]
| I should add that while we were fishing for suggestions for the first Linux
| distro to take a look at, we got a lot of suggestions for PCLinuxOS. On any
| given day I donât get a lot of email, so Iâm still not sure what that was
| about. Regardless, while the decision was to use Ubuntu, it wasnât made in
| absence of considering any other distributions. Depending on the reception of
| this article, we may take a look at other distros.
`----

http://www.anandtech.com/systems/showdoc.aspx?i=3616

Recent:

Comux 010010

,----[ Quote ]
| I see a jackelope and i want to paint it brown?
`----

http://bushweed.blogspot.com/2009/04/comux-010010.html

Ubuntu 9.10 is Karmic Koala, and it will not be brown!

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu Linux founder Mark Shuttleworth recently announced that the next
| version after "Jaunty Jackalope" is codenamed "Karmic Koala". This ended some
| humorous speculations that Ubuntu 9.10 will be called Kinky Kangaroo.
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2009/02/ubuntu-910-is-karmic-koala-and-it-will.html

Related:

Universal Writ