[News] Graphics/Visual Overhaul in Desktop GNU/Linux

Karmic: 1st Artwork Drop Brings Four New Themes & Two New Icon Sets

,----[ Quote ]
| âBreatheâ is a KDE-Oxygen spin off designed to ârefreshâ Ubuntuâs stock
| Human-tango theme.
`----

http://d0od.blogspot.com/2009/08/new-theme-karmic.html

Compiz 0.9 Finally Approaches, Beta Coming

,----[ Quote ]
| Compiz plug-ins are still being ported over to the Compiz++/Compiz 0.9+
| architecture while other plug-ins in the process of being ported are not yet
| at a feature parity with where they were in Compiz 0.8 and earlier.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzQ4NA

Linux Format wallpapers [Updated]

,----[ Quote ]
| We've had a number of reader requests to make available some of the imagery
| we use in Linux Format magazine. Naturally we're happy to share with you all,
| so we've put this page online where we'll upload artwork as it's requested.
`----

http://www.tuxradar.com/wallpapers

Recent:

Shelf Plugin preview

,----[ Quote ]
| Iâve been working on a new Compiz Fusion plugin currently known as Shelf (it
| was named miniwin2 for a brief period, more on this further down). This is a
| fairly straight forward idea, and Iâm doing this as a bounty for Canonical. Â
`----

http://dev.compiz-fusion.org/~kristian/2007/12/12/shelf-plugin-preview/

Related:

How Beryl/XGL and Deskbar simplified my life

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://eric.themoritzfamily.com/2006/10/25/how-berylxgl-and-deskbar-simplified-my-life/
http://tinyurl.com/u2g3d