Re: [News] Graphics/Visual Overhaul in Desktop GNU/Linux

____/ wispygalaxy on Friday 28 August 2009 23:37 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Karmic: 1st Artwork Drop Brings Four New Themes & Two New Icon Sets
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | âBreatheâ is a KDE-Oxygen spin off designed to ârefreshâ Ubuntuâs stock
>> | Human-tango theme.
>> `----
>>
>> http://d0od.blogspot.com/2009/08/new-theme-karmic.html
>
> Ubuntu is looking better and better as time goes on... I think that the
> designers understand that appearances do matter; having a comfortable user
> interface will win new users for Ubuntu.
>
>> Linux Format wallpapers [Updated]
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | We've had a number of reader requests to make available some of the
>> | imagery we use in Linux Format magazine. Naturally we're happy to share
>> | with you all, so we've put this page online where we'll upload artwork
>> | as it's requested.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.tuxradar.com/wallpapers
>
> Too cute!  =)
>
> I like the hi-res quality of the wallpapers.
>
>> How Beryl/XGL and Deskbar simplified my life
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | I removed the standard Gnome Window List in favor of
>> | Beryl's Scale plugin. Beryl's Scale functionality
>> | resembles OSX's Expose functionality. Because the Scale
>> | plugin displays all the windows currently open and
>> | unminimized at a keypress, I can quickly find the
>> | window I want visually and select it either with
>> | the mouse or with the arrow keys.
>> `----
>>
>>[eric.themoritzfamily.com/2006/10/25/how-berylxgl-and-deskbar-
>>simplified-my-life/]
>> http://tinyurl.com/u2g3d
>
> I don't get it when some people say that eye candy makes things complicated
> and annoying.  I think it makes using the computer more lively!  Wouldn't
> you hate it if your desktop was all grey with no cool wallpaper?  Color
> affects our mood, so it makes sense to make a pleasant-looking desktop.

KDE has a nice wallpaper-shuffling software built in. The desktop never ceases
to change and surprise.

- --
                ~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Rid your machine from malware. Install GNU/Linux.