Re: [News] Avoiding Vista and Vista 7 to Move to GNU/Linux

  • Subject: Re: [News] Avoiding Vista and Vista 7 to Move to GNU/Linux
  • From: wispygalaxy <wispygalaxy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 18:35:55 -0400
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>[News] Avoiding Vista and Vista 7 to Move to GNU/Linux

My finance teacher said today that he's *still* sticking with XP when
Windows 7 comes out... I guess he's avoiding Vista and Win 7 lol.

> Saving Linux cash on Vista clunkers
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | I wish there was an easy-to-use Windows-to-Linux desktop migration
> | program, but the best of that lot, Versora Progression Desktop, has not
> | been available since 2007, when Versora was bought out by Kaseya, an IT
> | Managed Services Automation firm. While Kaseya promised that Versora's
> | functionality would still be available, I couldn't find it any of
> | Kaseya's currently shipping products â and, in any case, Kaseya's
> | customers are businesses, not individual desktop Linux or Windows users.
> | If there are any programmers out there who want an idea that could make
> | a profitable little product, I think you could do well with a Windows to
> | Linux migration tool.
> `----
>
> http://blogs.computerworld.com/14617/saving_linux_cash_on_vista_clunkers

Helping people migrate properly to Linux is very important.  During the
conversion period, people are forming first impressions about the software
and new computing environment.  They will easily give up if they think they
can't handle it.