[News] [Rival] Uncle "Microsoft" Wants to Lure Brazilian Schools Away from GNU/Linux?

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Uncle "Microsoft" Wants to Lure Brazilian Schools Away from GNU/Linux?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 23:34:00 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Microsoft motivates innovative teachers

,----[ Quote ]
| More than 40 U.S. teachers showcased ed-tech projects in national forum;
| winners move on to world competition in Brazil
|
| [...]
|
| The project's creators, teachers Harriet Armstrong and Autumne Streeval of
| Columbus East High School in Columbus, Ind., took top honors at Microsoft's
| U.S. Innovative Teachers Forum, held Aug. 17. Armstrong and Streeval will
| travel to Brazil in November to compete in the software giant's Worldwide
| Innovative Teachers Forum.
|
| "It is really an honor to have won the U.S. Forum," said Streeval, who
| teaches social studies. "We are excited to go to Brazil to learn more about
| what is going on in education on a global scale. Teachers often struggle with
| similar challenges, even in very unique settings, but the Worldwide Forum
| will allow us to collaborate and tackle obstacles together."
|
| Armstrong, who teaches family and consumer science, added that she hopes to
| return from Brazil with more ideas and connections to other teachers.
`----

http://www.eschoolnews.com/news/top-news/index.cfm?i=60404

Those mobsters can't leave Brazil alone. Brazil committed the 'crime' of moving
all schools to GNU/Linux.

Recent:

Computadores para 26 mil escolas

http://portal.mec.gov.br/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=12185&Itemid=86

Related:

Deploying KDE [and Debian] to 52 million young people

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2008/04/deploying-kde-to-52-million-young.html