Re: [News] [Rival] It's Official: Vista 7 is Junk for Sub-notebooks

http://www.pcworld.com/article/170701/windows_7_starter_edition_is_too_wimpy_for_new_netbooks.html

> Nice shot in the foot there.

I think it's A Good Thing.

- The "Windows Tax" becomes minimal.

- The cost of a Windows Upgrade becomes visible.

- Non-Windows users are charged very little for an OS that they will
over-write.... perhaps less-than-nothing when you count the kick-backs for
including trial-ware etc. in the installation.

Not perfect, but imo as good as it's going to get soon.
I just wish they'd install this Starter Edition on *all* computers which
sell with pre-installed Windows.