[News] K Desktop Environment 4.3.1 is Officially Released

KDE 4.3.1 Release Announcement

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE 4.3.1 Provides a Wave of Improvements
|
| KDE Community Ships Fourth Translation and Service Release of the 4.3 Free
| Desktop, Containing Numerous Bugfixes, Performance Improvements and
| Translation Updates
`----

http://kde.org/announcements/announce-4.3.1.php

Recent:

LiveCD with KDE 4.3.0

,----[ Quote ]
| David Palacio prepared a KDE 4.3.0 livecd with help of the pkg-kde and
| live-helper teams. You can download it via BitTorrent, fetch the Torrent file
| from here!.
`----

http://news.debian.net/2009/08/09/livecd-with-kde-4-3-0/

Quick look at KDE 4.3.0.

,----[ Quote ]
| Needless to say that there has been quite some code cleanup. Kwin and KDE
| 4.3.0 simply feels a lot more responsive and smoother than its predecessors.
`----

http://osgeex.blogspot.com/2009/08/quick-look-at-kde-430.html

Korona Brings KDE 4.3 To OpenSolaris

,----[ Quote ]
| While Sun Microsystems puts their weight behind the GNOME desktop environment
| for Solaris and OpenSolaris, there are developers that do work on providing a
| quality experience for KDE on OpenSolaris. However, getting KDE to run on a
| clean OpenSolaris installation can require building KDE from source and
| taking various other steps. Fortunately, for KDE fans, there is now the
| Korona distribution, which brings KDE 4.3 as the default desktop environment
| to an OpenSolaris stack.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=korona_opensolaris_kde&num=1

First Look: KDE 4.3.0 - A smooth desktop experience

,----[ Quote ]
| On the 4th of August, 2009, the KDE community released KDE 4.3.0, delivering
| its user base the first iteration of this next-generation KDE desktop
| environment. It boasts a modern and beautiful desktop, with over 10,000 bugs
| fixed and close to 2,000 features implemented over the older versions, such
| as the more buggy KDE 4.2.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/First-Look-KDE-4-3-0-118684.shtml

KDE 4.3 âCaizenâ Review

,----[ Quote ]
| That probably covers the main features in the release especially the ones
| Iâve liked. Overall its is stable and the KDE developers themselves have
| said â âKDE 4.3 offers a more stable and complete product for the home and
| small office.â I think this was the release we were all waiting for in terms
| of stability and features as well.
`----

http://terminalvariant.co.cc/2009/08/kde-4-3-caizen-review/

Hands-on: KDE 4.3 delivers a Social Desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE 4.3 was released this week with a number of intriguing improvements. Ars
| test the new version, which introduces KDE's Social Desktop initiative, an
| effort to bring social networking integration to the popular desktop
| environment.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/reviews/2009/08/hands-on-kde-43-delivers-a-social-desktop.ars

KDE Community Delivers Incremental Innovations With New KDE 4.3 Release

,----[ Quote ]
| The KDE Community today announces the immediate availability of "Caizen",
| (a.k.a KDE 4.3), bringing many improvements to the user experience and
| development platform. KDE 4.3 continues to refine the unique features brought
| in previous releases while bringing new innovations. With the 4.2 release
| aimed at the majority of end users, KDE 4.3 offers a more stable and complete
| product for the home and small office.
`----

http://kde.org/announcements/4.3/index.php

A first look at KDE 4.3