[News] Mozilla Pubishes New Roadmap for Firefox, Skype Might Open Up More

Fresh Roadmap for Firefox

,----[ Quote ]
| The Mozilla Project has updated its roadmap for the coming versions of
| Firefox. The next big release, Firefox 4.0 with Geko1.9.4 underneath, is
| scheduled for the end of 2010.
`----

http://www.linux-magazine.com/Online/News/Fresh-Roadmap-for-Firefox

Will new Skype owners deal differently with open source?

,----[ Quote ]
| There is growing speculation, especially given its deal with Digium, that the
| new owners of Skype may take a different attitude toward open source.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=4749

Recent:

Skype buyout wakes up open source vendors

,----[ Quote ]
| Meanwhile, the developers of FreeSWITCH, an alternative VoIP solution, have
| been re-emphasising that FreeSWITCH already supports Skype in an update
| released in August, albeit through a proxy mechanism which uses the Skype
| client software on Windows and Linux to connect to the Skype network. Whether
| the new ownership of Skype will see the company become more interoperable
| with open source in general has yet to be determined.
`----

http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/144671

eBay 'reaches deal to sell Skype'

,----[ Quote ]
| Skype is expected to be sold to a group of private investors, including
| Netscape co-founder Marc Andreessen and private equity firms.

Skype Dials New Ownerâ And Open Source

,----[ Quote ]
| The first piece of news involves eBay selling most of Skype to private
| investors, as reported by The New York Times. But a separate, smaller piece
| of news could also have big implications for Skype and its channel partners.
| Skype for Digium Asterisk â the open source IP PBX â is officially available
| for download.
`----

http://www.thevarguy.com/2009/09/01/skype-dials-new-owner-and-open-source/

Digium and Skype Enable Free and Low-Cost Calling through any Asterisk-based
PBX

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.digium.com/en/mediacenter/viewpress/Digium