Re: The Attila Challenge: Word Processors

LEE Sau Dan wrote:

>     Attila> (2) To complicate matters further this is in unicode (it's
>     Attila> for a language of Namibia called "Khoekhoegowab" that has
>     Attila> clicks and tones and nasal vowels among other things) and
>     Attila> latex doesn't support unicode.
>
> LaTeX has  got packages to handle UTF-8,  and I have used  it to typeset
> documents which uses both Chinese and English.  The manuscript is edited
> in Emacs and  saved using UTF-8.  LaTeX has no problems  with it at all.
> I can even make use of different Chinese typefaces.

That's true, Dan. As I said, I know about the latex packages. The one I
mentioned above is called XeTeX and I think it's in TeX Live. If you can
point me to a way to convert .odt to TeX I'd be happy to give it a try. :)
Cheers,
Attila, The Freetard from Hell