Re: [News] Ubuntu Linux 9.10 Reaches Fifth Alpha, Previews Posted

On Fri, 04 Sep 2009 12:40:29 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

> On Fri, 04 Sep 2009 17:19:51 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Ubuntu's Karmic Koala Alpha 5 arrives
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Pre-releases like this are not recommended for anyone who needs a
>>stable | system or who isn't comfortable with "occasional, even frequent
>>breakage", | and should not be used on production systems.
>
> That sounds like Ubuntu Linux in general......

I've had mixed experiences with Ubuntu, to be honest.
With quality distributions such as Pardus and Mint (which I'm posting
from), I do feel it is being left behind, catching up, but rushed).

>>| Ubuntu 9.10 is scheduled to be released on October 29th, 2009.
>
> Just in time for you freetards to watch Windows 7 obliterate it......

I doubt there will be a great swing away from Linux to 7 unless users are
disillusioned with their present systems, whatever sort or flavour that
may be. The latest and greatest only appeals to quite a small number of
people in reality.

It may be of interest to know that in a direct comparison carried out here
last week, we were very surprised indeed to find that a freshly installed
Windows ME actually ran faster (and felt smoother in operation for some
reason) than Win 7 on similar hardware. Mind boggling, and leaves one with
the feeling that as far as innovation and progression are concerned,
people are just being somewhat conned by hype.