Re: Study: Patents Reduce Innovation

On 2009-09-04, RayLopez99 <raylopez88@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sep 2, 7:15Âam, Richard Rasker <spamt...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Â The downside is that legal action slows the spread of technology, inhibits
>> Â sharing and makes the rest of us pay a lot more for much of what we buy."
>>

> You stupid SOB.  You would not HAVE any sharing without patents
> outside the Linux world, because in the real world you DON'T SHARE
> unless you are PAID for it.  You stupid SOB.  You really thing that

...so according to you SCIENCE doesn't exist outside of Linux.

Talk about a nutter...

[deletia]

Also, "sharing" is not quite so much the problem. If an "invention"
so reflects the state of the art that 3 or more different companies
can re-invent it in isolation then it is far better that they be
allowed to do so.

Patents are meant to encourage the sharing of that knowledge which
cannot by derived by the engineering practitioner equivalent of
Farrah Fawcett.

--
    ...of course if you are forced against your will to use Windows in    |||
the day time your bound to have a lot to vent about in the evening.      / | \