[News] Microsoft's "Letters from Dead People" Shill (CAGW) is Still Shilling for Cash/Companies

  • Subject: [News] Microsoft's "Letters from Dead People" Shill (CAGW) is Still Shilling for Cash/Companies
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 01:23:17 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

CAGW - This 'Watchdog' Likes Corporate Treats

http://www.prwatch.org/node/8541

Citizens Against Government Waste's ad against GE jet engine says GE rival paid for it

,----[ Quote ]
| For America's No. 1 taxpayer watchdog, as Citizens Against Government
| Waste calls itself, the jet engines seem easy prey.
|
| The federal government is already spending billions for Pratt & Whitney
| to develop engines for the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter. Why spend
| billions more for General Electric to do the same?
`----

http://www.tampabay.com/news/politics/national/citizens-against-government-wastes-ad-against-ge-jet-engine-says-ge-rival/1030167

Think Tank Mentions Sink

http://www.prwatch.org/node/8543

Right Ebbs, Left Gains as Media 'Experts'

,----[ Quote ]
| Progressive think tanks gained in media prominence over 2008, despite
| overall think tank citations declining for the fourth year in a row.
|
| The 25 most-cited think tanks in major U.S. media received 13,149
| citations in 2008, a 6 percent decline from 2007 levels. The decline
| primarily hit conservative or right-leaning think tanks, whose share of
| citations in corporate media fell from 36 percent to 31 percent in 2008
| , while progressive or left-leaning think tanks--the only group to
| actually see an increase in their total citations--went from 17 percent
| to 21 percent. Centrist think tanks saw little change, still beating
| both ends of the spectrum with 48 percent of total citations, versus 47
| percent in 2007.
`----

http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=3857

Recent:

CAGW to Los Angeles City Council Members: Look Before You Leap!

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/news/Stock%20News/2460168/