[News] Two New Reviews of MoonOS 3.0 (GNU/Linux Distribution)

  • Subject: [News] Two New Reviews of MoonOS 3.0 (GNU/Linux Distribution)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 00:59:59 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

MoonOS 3.0

,----[ Quote ]
| All in all, MoonOS, is an alright distro. I canât say I particularly like the
| Enlightenment desktop, sure it does have some nice touches, but it is quite heavy
| and window switching isnât as easy as GNOME. The custom MoonOS tools take a lot
| from Linux Mint, but that does give them the user-friendliness and power, but I do
| get the feeling that some are just re bundled versions. The fact that moonGRUB does
| not work after an update is an issue, but fixable using the bug report. I wonât be
| using it, but if you like Enlightenment, I recommend you give MoonOS a try!
`----

http://blog.jjtcomputing.co.uk/2009/09/11/moonos-3-0/

moonOS 3 Linux (Makara)

,----[ Quote ]
| Pros: 	Absolutely gorgeous remastered version of Ubuntu. Unique aesthetics, good
| selection of software, easy install. Features customized moonControl, moonGrub and
| moonSoftware tools.
| Cons: 	Install ran very slow in VMWare and I was unable to login after it was
| complete. It was necessary for me to switch to Parallels and install moonOS 3 again
| in order to login.
| Suitable For: 	Beginner, intermediate or advanced Linux users.
| remasters Iâve seen to date. Well worth a download just to experience the aesthetic
| appeal.
| Rating: 	4/5
`----

http://desktoplinuxreviews.com/2009/09/10/moonos-3-linux-makara/

Recent:

moonOS 3 Review, Screenshots, Video

,----[ Quote ]
| moonOS is another fantastic looking distro that has always put a lot of
| stock in appearance. Based on Ubuntu 9.04 Januty Jackalope and codenamed
| âMakaraâ, the moonOS 3.0 release is no exception with plenty of
| improvements to moonControl, the moonOS system control center, moonGrub,
| moonSoftware, and more. Along with many interface improvements moonOS 3.0
| uses the Linux 2.6.28-15 kernel, Firefox 3.5, Pidgin 2.6 and Xorg 7.4.
`----

http://beginlinux.wordpress.com/2009/09/10/moonos-3-0-review-screenshots-video/

Review: Moon OS 2.0

,----[ Quote ]
| MoonOS is one of those elegant distros, where it focuses a lot on eyecandy
| and looking good.  And it definitely has a lot of good things to look at.
| Sorta like something that comes by and catches your eye in a way that nothing
| else can.  But good looks don't mean that what's underneath is all that
| great.  But sometimes the good looks are only the beginning of the greatness
| hidden beneath that flashy exterior.  So which is it for MoonOS?  Let's find
| out.
`----

http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=546

First Look: moonOS 2

,----[ Quote ]
| If you don't fancy Enlightenment as your desktop environment and want
| something more "traditional," moonOS 2 is also available in an LXDE edition.
| Both versions of moonOS 2 are a joy to look at and use. I didn't find any
| major problems and the system is not a resource-eating monster so in the end
| whether you'll use it or not is just a matter of taste.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/First-Look-moonOS-2-105822.shtml

Torvalds rejects one-size-fits-all Linux

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/246534/torvalds-rejects-onesizefitsall-linux.html