[News] GNU/Linux Users Make More Games Sales Than OS X

  • Subject: [News] GNU/Linux Users Make More Games Sales Than OS X
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 11:12:48 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Indie Game Studio Amazed At Linux Sales

,----[ Quote ]
| Koonsolo Games, an independent game studio that developed Mystic
| Mine, is amazed at the rate which Linux users are purchasing their
| game. We know that Linux gamers are excited for new games, but
| Koonsolo has released figures showing the proportion of Linux
| gamers to those on Windows and Mac OS X. Surprisingly, the Linux
| market-share is not in third, but second!
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzUzNQ

Not surprising. Ballmer's slides show that Linux outpaces OS X.

Good News, id Tech 5 Is Likely Coming To Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Contrary to earlier reports stating that the forthcoming id Tech 5
| engine from id Software would likely not be ported to Linux due to
| the involved work, cost, and lackluster Linux graphics drivers
| (according to John Carmack), it looks like we will end up seeing
| this next-generation game engine running with Linux.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzUzNg

Linux is huge in developing nations.

Related:

First 1,000 XO Laptops Roll off the Assembly Line in Shanghai

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxelectrons.com/News/Mobile/First_1000_XO_Laptops_Roll_off_the_Assembly_Line_in_Shanghai