[News] Free VoIP Software Extends Reach and TwitApps Becomes Free Software

  • Subject: [News] Free VoIP Software Extends Reach and TwitApps Becomes Free Software
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 21:58:30 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Asterisk Gets 400 Million New Users

,----[ Quote ]
| Traditionally something of a niche phenomenon, open source PBXs
| have seen a significant surge over the past few years and it has
| become much more mainstream and more competitive with
| traditional communications systems. According to The Eastern
| Management Group, open source PBXs claimed 18 percent of the
| North American market in 2008, a 40 percent growth from the
| previous year.
|
| [...]
|
| Skype for Asterisk, which Digium co-developed with Skype, is the
| first Skype-sanctioned connector to a full-fledged PBX system.
| The add-on to an Asterisk PBX lets businesses register as many
| Skype accounts as they need, allowing users to receive calls
| from Skype accounts, right on their IP deskphones. With a bit of
| additional configuration, users can also place outbound calls to
| Skype accounts through their Asterisk PBX.
`----

http://asterisk.tmcnet.com/topics/asterisk/articles/64348-asterisk-gets-400-million-new-users.htm

TwitApps Shutting Down; Code Goes Open Source

,----[ Quote ]
| Twitter application TwitApps has announced on their blog that
| the service will be shutting down at the end of next week.
| TwitApps provided two services: Replies which sent you any
| replies via email and Follows which sent you an email of your
| new followers regularly instead of getting each follower
| individually emailed as Twitter does now. The followers function
| is something Iâve asked Twitter to provide for a while â a
| digest of daily activity.
`----

http://www.centernetworks.com/twitapps-shutting-down-code-goes-open

Recent:

Build Your Own PBX With Asterisk and Linux

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.enterprisenetworkingplanet.com/_featured/article.php/52211_3838131_1