[News] New FOSS Partnership and Forging/Fusion in the Cache World

  • Subject: [News] New FOSS Partnership and Forging/Fusion in the Cache World
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 22:14:50 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
OpenLogic and Nuxeo Partner to Support Integrated Open Source
Enterprise Content Management Stack

,----[ Quote ]
| OpenLogic, Inc., a provider of enterprise open source software
| solutions encompassing hundreds of open source packages, and Nuxeo,
| an open source enterprise content management (ECM) software and
| services provider, today announced they are partnering to provide
| top to bottom support on a robust ECM stack, which includes Nuxeo's
| Enterprise Platform, the JBoss application server and the
| PostgreSQL database.
`----

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/openlogic-and-nuxeo-partner-
to,960073.shtml

Infinispan narrows the gap between open source and commercial data
caches

,----[ Quote ]
| Many of the projects that I have been involved in do not use a
| cache solely for the reading of frequently accessed data. This is a
| common scenario when using caching technologies and is prevalent in
| the Web 2.0 world (Facebook, Twitter etc.). The applications that I
| work with process large amounts of data (up to a million objects
| per day), performing massive numbers of ad-hoc reads, write and
| update operations.
`----

http://bigdatamatters.com/bigdatamatters/2009/09/infinispan-vs-
gigaspaces.html