[News] OpenGL Comes to Web Browser Without Blobs

  • Subject: [News] OpenGL Comes to Web Browser Without Blobs
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 22:35:17 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Accelerated 3D Graphics In Your Browser!

,----[ Quote ]
| Given the inherent speed in Web-standards deventevelopment, I
| imagine you'll be seeing finished browser implementations of WebGL
| in a matter of months.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/171944/accelerated_3d_graphics_in_your_browser.html

Another major loss to DirectHacks.

Recent:

Mesa Slowly Picking Up OpenGL 3 Support

,----[ Quote ]
| Intel's Ian Romanick has announced on the Mesa3D development list that he has
| made available an arb_sync branch of Mesa. As implied by its name, this
| branch implements support for the GL_ARB_sync extension, which just
| officially debuted with OpenGL 3.2.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzQ5Ng

Gernlinden, Gaming, OpenCL, & OpenGL 3.2

,----[ Quote ]
| This week at Phoronix began by learning that Compiz is now running on ATI
| R600/700 GPUs when using the latest open-source Mesa / DRM stack. Owners of
| ATI Radeon HD 2000/3000/4000 series graphics cards are now just a step away
| from finding "out of the box" open-source 3D acceleration support. On that
| same day there was also the release of the OpenGL 3.2 specification, but that
| didn't come as a surprise.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzQ0MQ

OpenGL 3.2 specification released