[News] ZDNet UK: Vista 7 Sucks (Resources), Has Other Problems

  • Subject: [News] ZDNet UK: Vista 7 Sucks (Resources), Has Other Problems
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 22:40:29 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Windows 7 Needs Liposuction

,----[ Quote ]
| The complaint I have with Windows OS that Linux addresses to a certain
| extent, is that I can strip out or NOT install big chunks of software that is
| more rightly defined as application layer software instead of the bloat the
| has driven Windows into the ground performance-wise.
`----

http://community.zdnet.co.uk/blog/0,1000000567,10013777o-2000440676b,00.htm

Watch the comments for Microsoft perception management in action. They seem to be systematically attacking any critics of this Vista 7 junk.

Recent:

Microsoft Desperate For Windows 7 Success

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft's clout in the computing world is slipping fast. New competition is moving in
| from nearly every side with companies like Google and Apple starting to take chunks out
| of their market share, and the increased presence and continually growing quality of
| open source software provides pressure too. The recent economic downturn has encouraged
| more people and businesses to explore those other alternatives, and Microsoft is feeling
| the pain. These latest moves seem almost desperate to me, and right now it appears that
| the only thing Microsoft is reluctant to try is improving their software.
`----

http://www.nillabyte.com/blog.php?b=228

Why Microsoft Will Continue To Fail

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft has turned into a marketing and legal machine, aimed at taking down it's
| competitors in any under-handed way possible. I'm not naive enough to believe they're
| alone - I know that other big software companies use some of the same tricks. But the
| problem is the lack of focus on quality new products. I have been trying very hard to
| reserve judgement on Windows 7 until it was released. I've been fairly impressed with
| the release candidate I've been test driving. But a lack of anything really new, plus
| recent news of huge security issues already being uncovered have shaken my faith.
| Microsoft is not currently a software company, and unless they find a way to re-focus on
| developing software that people actually want to use, their competition will continue to
| grow faster and take their market share until Microsoft is no longer relevant.
`----

http://www.nillabyte.com/blog.php?b=236

5 things you must know about Windows 7.

,----[ Quote ]
| Windows 7 has no killer features
|
| Windows 7 has no killer features that is so radically different from Vista or
| even XP. Yes it is very eye candy and supports touch tech, but I don't think
| that's what gets the work done for you. You should not pay for an OS just to get
| some nice  looking icons or a nice looking desktop.
`----

http://sinaisix.blogspot.com/2009/09/5-things-you-must-know-about-windows-7.html

Windows Vista/7 : SMB2.0 NEGOTIATE PROTOCOL REQUEST Remote B.S.O.D.

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/2009/Sep/0039.html