[News] LinuxCon is Coming Soon, Streaming Available

  • Subject: [News] LinuxCon is Coming Soon, Streaming Available
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 10:52:50 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Live video stream of LinuxCon 2009 highlights

,----[ Quote ]
| The highlights of LinuxCon 2009, a conference organised by
| the Linux Foundation, will be available as a live video
| stream using the open CODECs Ogg / Theora, viewed via a Web
| browser Java applet. Alternatively, they may be viewed via
| an embedded player such as RealPlayer, MPlayer or the
| Windows Media Player. The keynote presentations will be
| provided free of charge, while a fee of â84 will be charged
| for the rest of the conference program and the use of the
| video archive. The service is an initiative of Linux New
| Media AG.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/Live-video-stream-of-LinuxCon-2009-highlights--/news/114245

Watch LinuxCon Live From Your Computer Next Week

,----[ Quote ]
| LinuxCon is only a week away, and the brand new conference
| looks like it will be one of the best open source events of
| the year. The conference kicks off Monday, September 21st in
| Portland, Oregon, and there is a roster of excellent
| speakers, ranging from Linus Torvalds to Canonical's Mark
| Shuttleworth to Bob Sutor from IBM. Not everybody can make
| it to Portland, though, which is why it's great news that
| there will be opportunities to view all events via live and
| archived video streams. Some sessions are free, while others
| aren't. Here are the details.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/watch-linuxcon-live-from-your-computer-next-week

Recent:

LinuxCon Keynote Series: An Interview with IBMâs Bob Sutor

,----[ Quote ]
| Q: What are you most looking forward to at the debut year of
| LinuxCon?
|
| A: I always try to get an early sense of the vibe of a conference.
| Is there excitement among the participants? Are people looking
| forward to creating more technical innovation and greater business
| growth? Is the community expanding? Are there grand challenges that
| developers are ready to leap into? I think Iâll see, hear, and feel
| all that at LinuxCon. Iâm also looking to meet in person many of
| the people involved with the Linux Foundation.
`----

http://www.linux-foundation.org/weblogs/amanda/2009/09/14/linuxcon-keynote-series-an-interview-with-ibms-bob-sutor/

LinuxCon announces speakers

,----[ Quote ]