[News] More Eye Candy Arriving at Ubuntu GNU/Linux

  • Subject: [News] More Eye Candy Arriving at Ubuntu GNU/Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 11:13:17 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Gloobus Brings QuickLook And CoverFlow To Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| Gloobus is an extension designed for Gnome (the desktop
| system for Ubuntu) and allows you to preview a wide array of
| files as you browse through them by simply hitting the SPACE
| bar on your keyboard. The previews are designed to generate
| quickly, and do so without launching the program you would
| typically use to view them. This can be a great time-saver
| if you're searching through a list of documents trying to
| find the right one, especially if your computer takes some
| time to launch programs.
`----

http://www.nillabyte.com/blog.php?b=239

10 great looking Ubuntu wallpapers - Month 1

http://www.learningubuntu.com/articles/10-great-looking-ubuntu-wallpapers-month-1

Announcing Lifesaver

,----[ Quote ]
| Chris Jones, creator of Terminator has been working on a
| small little tool that you might like. Itâs called
| Lifesaver. Itâs a small screensaver that searches for
| âubuntuâ on twitter and identi.ca and then presents it on
| your screen all slick-like.
`----

http://castrojo.wordpress.com/2009/09/15/announcing-lifesaver/

Ubuntu 9.10 Installer Screenshots

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala now includes an installer
| slideshow. Iâve always liked the idea of rotating slides of
| information about the OS while itâs installing to give the
| users something to do. No matter what you put on the slides
| this is going to be more entertaining for users than staring
| at the progress bar. While installing Ubuntu 9.10 Alpha 5
| you may have noticed a similar feature has been added to
| Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala. After entering information into
| the installer and clicking the Install button, users will
| see a slideshow of highlights, tips, and featured
| applications one after another. The one thing that sets that
| Ubuntu installer slideshow apart from others Iâve seen is it
| only plays through once. I found this to be a nice touch and
| I also anticipate many more slides by the final release.
`----

http://beginlinux.wordpress.com/2009/09/15/ubuntu-9-10-installer-screenshots/

Recent:

Compiz Running With Mesa On R600/700 GPUs

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzQyNg